- Want to be a good parent? No parent is perfect and no child is perfect. But good parenting can be learned. Here we will address three areas that can be troublesome for parents to address.
Tips for Toddlers HittingWhy do toddlers hit? Most likely your child simply doesn't have the words or skills to get her needs met and lashes out (hits) because she doesn't know what else to do. Toddlers are short on both language and social skills, and when they play together they can easily become frustrated. When they lack the ability to express what's wrong in words, hitting and other types of aggression sometimes result. It is developmentally normal for toddlers to hit. It is the parent's job to supervise and handle toddlers kindly and firmly until they are ready to learn more effective ways to communicate. Kids will grow out of it if they get help (skills training) instead of a model of violence (hitting back). Here are a few tips for hitting:
- Take the kid by the hand and state, "It isn't alright to hit individuals. I'm sorry you are feeling harmed and disturbed. You can discuss it or you can hit this cushion, however individuals aren't for hitting."
- Help the child manage the anger.
- With kids younger than four, have a go at giving them a hug before expelling them from the circumstance. This models an adoring technique while demonstrating to them that hitting isn't alright. Embracing does not strengthen the mischief.
- You never truly know at what age a kid starts to get language. Hence, use words, for example, "Hitting damages individuals. We should discover something different you can do," regardless of whether you figure your tyke can't get it.
- Show kids what they can do as opposed to revealing to them what not to do. In the event that you have a youngster that has an example of hitting, direct intently. Each time she begins to hit, tenderly catch her hand and state, "Contact pleasantly," while telling her the best way to contact pleasantly.
- At the point when your preschooler hits you, choose what you will do as opposed to attempting to control your kid. Let her realize that each time she hits you, you will put her down and leave the room until she is prepared to treat you consciously. After you have disclosed to her this once, finish with no words. Leave right away.
- Later you may tell your youngster, "That truly harms" or "That offends me. In the event that I have planned something for offended you, I might want to think about it so I can apologize. When you are prepared, an expression of remorse would enable me to feel good." Do not request or force an apology.
Tips for Toddlers DisciplineThe toddler age is a particularly vexing time for parents because this is the age at which children start to become more independent and discover themselves as individuals. Yet they still have a limited ability to communicate and reason. Here are a few ideas on how to discipline your child:
- Be Consistent Order and routine give young children a safe haven from what they view as an overwhelming and unpredictable world, says child development specialist Claire Lerner. "When there's some predictability and routine, it makes children feel much more safe and secure, and they tend to be much more behaved and calm because they know what to expect."
- Avoid Stressful Situations By the time your child has reached the toddler stage, you've spent enough time with him or her to know what triggers reactions. The most common ones are hunger, sleepiness, and quick changes of venue. Avoid these potential meltdown scenarios with a little advance planning.
- Practice the Art of Distraction Make your little child's limited capacity to focus work for you. At the point when your kid tosses the ball against the lounge area divider for the tenth time after you've said to stop, it's entirely simple to divert your tyke to an increasingly profitable action, such as exchanging the ball for a most loved book or moving the game outside.
- Give Your Child a Break Time-outs are one of the establishments of tyke discipline, however they may not be the best methodology for the little child arrange. The negative ramifications of being sent away can instruct kids that they're awful instead of advance great conduct.
- Stay Calm It's simple for your pulse to achieve the breaking point when you're highly involved with viewing your kid pitch a fit. Yet, losing control will rapidly raise an officially upsetting circumstance. Give yourself some an opportunity to chill.
Tips for Encouraging Good BehaviorA positive and valuable methodology is frequently the most ideal approach to control your tyke's conduct. This implies giving your youngster consideration when he carries on well, instead of simply applying results when he accomplishes something you don't care for. Here are some down to earth tips for putting this positive methodology to use.
- Be a good example Utilize your own conduct to manage your youngster. Your kid watches you to get signs on the best way to carry on – and what you do is regularly significantly more significant than what you state. For instance, in the event that you need your kid to state 'please', say it yourself. In the event that you don't need your tyke to raise her voice, talk unobtrusively and tenderly yourself.
- Demonstrate your kid how you feel Telling your kid genuinely how his conduct influences you encourages him see his very own emotions in yours. Furthermore, in the event that you begin sentences with 'I', it allows your tyke to see things from your viewpoint. For instance, 'I'm getting disturbed on the grounds that there is so much clamor that I can't chat on the telephone'.
- Find your kid being 'great' At the point when your youngster is acting in a manner you like, give her some positive criticism. For instance, 'Goodness, you're playing so pleasantly. I truly like the manner in which you're keeping every one of the squares on the table'. This works superior to anything trusting that the squares will come colliding with the floor before you pay heed and state, 'Hello, stop that'.
- Get down to your child's dimension When you draw near to your youngster, you can check out what he may feel or thinking. Being close additionally encourages him center around what you're stating about his conduct. In case you're near your kid and have his consideration, you don't have to make him take a gander at you.
- Listen effectively To listen effectively, you can gesture as your kid talks, and rehash back what you think your youngster is feeling. For instance, 'It sounds like you feel extremely tragic that your squares tumbled down'. When you do this, it can enable youthful kids to adapt to strain and huge feelings like dissatisfaction, which now and again lead to undesirable conduct. It additionally makes them feel regarded and ameliorated. It can even diffuse potential fits.
The Good News About Bad Behavior Hopefully, you will find these tips and suggestions useful. We wish you every success in your child rearing journey.